Saturday, December 1, 2007

Night out with the girls

My girlfriend Tina put together a happy hour get together at Sherlock's. Normally I send my regrets when my friends want to meet at the bar. Been there done that for years and I have come to the conclusion men will say ANYTHING to get what they want.
It is comical to watch them in action. Anyway, I digress.
There was 4 of us there last night. Pam and Denise are black women. When you put the two of them together you are promised an evening of laughing until you jaw hurts.
Pam decided to be me. It was not a very pretty picture. She says I am not a very friendly person and I tend to look like I will kill you if you talk to me. She must be wrong. That is just me concentrating. :)
Now a quick story of vanity. We all agreed we were hungry and the wings looked and smelled good. We would order them and try to be graceful while eating them. Afterall, we were getting looks from men and we wanted keep those coming.
None of us could read the menu and we were not going to put on our glasses either. We struggled for a few minutes and finally I grabbed the waitress. She learned down while I explained that we were older and we couldnt read the menu without pulling out our bifocals. We want wings and I am going to trust she will take care of us. She giggled and said she would.
See, there is always a way to get it done and look like it was so effortless.
Ok, enough about my night out.
Bowie plays Lubbock Coronado. I hope they win. Sonja and I have agreed we are going to the next game no matter where it is. She came up with a great plan. The group of people I have been motorcyling with also fly. I will have to just call in a favor. She is so smart.

No comments: