Thursday, December 13, 2007

Trying to get through!

Today was a very stressful day. But now, a glass of wine and some quiet time is helping me to put things back into perspective.
Days like this make me realize I can be very persuasive when certain situations are put in my path. I keep hearing how strong I am, yet I think to myself I don't feel strong today. I need a hug. I need someone to tell me it will be okay. I know it will, but hearing it would help me to be able to take a breath and know it really will.
I was talking with my neighbor last night. During the course of our conversation she said, "honey, how have you survived through all of this and still be able to smile and wake up each day and take on the world. I really didn't have an answer for her. I just said I didn't know. Goes back to my repetitive answer. I guess it is just believing there is nothing out there bigger than me (except God of course).
I know, I am whining right now. Ok, enough. It only hurts for a little while.
Let's talk about some positives today.
My kid is so dang smart. He is working with me now. I have so many excel projects I am behind on. So I tell him, you are going to help me out of this mess. He requires so little training. I just give him the basics, give him the information and next thing you know he is plugging the numbers in and I don't even have to ask him if he balanced. He knows that is part of it. He finished two projects for me today. You rock Stephen.
I finally talked him into having dinner with me and the Baylor group tonight. He didn't want to go and when we got there he didn't want to sit with the students. My goodness, there were 4 girls in that booth. He even said, "my mom misses me so I better sit with her". About 10 minutes later I look over and he is smiling with that million dollar smile, the girls are smiling back at him. I can't even get his attention. He really does not know how handsome he is. God has blessed me with the most incredible child. He knew what he was doing. He knew I would take in every second of everything that kid does and realize he is a gift to me. He is my miracle.
Reminding myself of this makes all the trials today seem so insignificant. I only hope other parents can look at their child they way I look at mine and realize how lucky they are.
Oh! Now I'm driving a Grand Prix. I had to get a rental car today while they try to figure out how to fix mine. After spending about 2 hours with this silly dealership I think I got their attention. I think they will finally take me seriously and try to repair it for good.
I am off to bed. I have not been sleeping well for the past 3 weeks. I think I might actually be able to do that tonight. :)
As to the other matters of the heart. I am still holding fast to my belief. It is meant to be.

No comments: