Friday, December 14, 2007

TGIF!!!!!!!

Today, my oil and gas buddy called me to ask how my Friday was going. I told him, 2 1/2 hours left. He laughed and told me he was going home at that time. I think he was rubbing it in. This has been a long & hectic week. We have cut back on staff and it seems all I do is work at work and then come home at night and work some more.
Stephen's friend Andrew stopped by tonight. He told us he got a letter from Baylor for baseball. We were so excited. Stephen was supposed to try out for club ball at Baylor last semester. I think between myself and Andrew we have him talked into doing it for his sophmore semester. He grumbled something about needing to focus on studies so he isn't in debt forever. I accused him of being frugal. I think I know someone else like that too!!!!! Nothing wrong with being frugal, you have to have some fun too! Finding a balance is the key.
When Stephen's friends stop by, they always end up in the kitchen with me. I know, I feed them, but we talk about things that are going on and just have a great time visiting. Now remember, they are on my turf by choice. Seems our conversations always turn to "girl talk". Maybe I'm their Dear Abby. It's great no matter why they are in here with me. I love it.
Not much else to talk about. I worked out tonight. Got to talk to my best friend today. That was wonderful. Oh, I have date tomorrow. I was thinking I didn't have much of a social life this weekend but now..... I have a date with Joseph & Kirky (and his mom). We are going to see Alvin & the Chipmunks at Studio Movie Grill tomorrow at 11:00. They close the theatre for special needs families and children. We did this a few weeks ago and had the best time ever. Can't wait for my date with the two BIG GUYS tomorrow. And secretly... I am looking foward to seeing Alvin & The Chipmunks. How fun is that going to me.
After that, a meeting in the evening with the oil & gas people. Stevie has to drive back to Waco tomorrow to film the basketball game. I told him, once he started doing this they would see how good he is. Now they ask him to work whenever they are shorthanded.
Ok, that is all for today. Oh, a special thank you for the phone call. Made the rest of the day bearable!!!!!

No comments: