Friday, December 21, 2007

Lessons of Love

Today I was asked what is a soulmate. I know what my definition is but I wanted to be sure what I think is actually the truth. I did a little research.
I googled "what is a soulmate".
Soulmate (or soul mate) is a term sometimes used to designate someone with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, friendship, love, intimacy, sexuality, and/or compatibility.
Well, I needed to know more, so I googled "affinity".
Affinity in terms of Sociology refers to kinship of spirit, or a natural attraction of feeling of kinship.
Okay, I am still not satisfied. And finally I googled "kindred spirits"

Someone who feels & thinks the the way you do.

My definition: someone who thinks the same thing you are thinking at the same time, enjoys the same things you do, does their laundry the same way you do, thinks about you all the time, gets giddy when they know they are going to see you, feels elated when they sit next to you. I think you get my point.

This is from my heart.... A soulmate doesn't cross one's path but once. Some walk right by it not knowing they may have past up "the one". And then they don't get that opportunity again. Other's are unsure, they just don't know if it will work.

Ok, let's talk about other things. Today I felt like all the work and dedication I give to my job paid off. Myself and another coworker always get a little more of a Christmas bonus than everyone else. Their way of saying, thanks for working 55 hours a week, every week, oh and coming in on Christmas Eve so they don't have to!!! It certainly it a blessing at this time of year. Now I am going to spend it!

Tomorrow night at the Newhouse's. Should be a great time. I am really looking foward to it. I am ready for a Guitar Hero challenge. I know, I really stink at it, but I think I can be good this time. :)

No comments: