Saturday, December 1, 2007

My Stevie Boy

My kid calls me at 10:30 last night. He is talking so fast I can't keep up. Having 4 beers didn't help me either.
He and Brian have managed to recruit the QB from Copperas Cove. He was intended for UH but they think they are the ones that got him to commit to Baylor. Stephen even has a signed letter of intent from the kid.
I heard something about a basketball game, they were on the jumbo tron with their signs, Stephen has some inside people that run that thing.
He said a guy from Rivals took their picture and coaches came up to them after the game asking if they were the ones with the posters.
I will have to get a more accurate accounting of what happened later today when he wakes up.
I asked him if this had anything to do with Art Briles coming to Baylor. He was at UH. I will keep us all updated. Now my kid is a recruiter. I suggested he try that rather than coaching. He said he would think about and get back with me. :) Another words, mom leave me alone.
And I love how every time he calls me he is trying to find a place to park behind the dorm. I hear things like "get out of the way", "if you don't move I will just run over you" or "you jerk, that was my spot". I do not know where he got his lack of patience from. And the apple and the tree are not a factor in this. :)

No comments: