Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My week so far

My goodness. My head is spinning. The past weekend and this week have been crazy. Let me start with my "date" Saturday. Joe, Kirky, Karen and I had so much fun at the movie. Kirky was watching the movie with such intent. Joe on the other hand, giggled and giggled. I kept saying "Joe, watch the movie". All I got was giggles. We went to Sam's after that. Joe has his routine when we go there, and Kirky was not on board with that. Joseph was so cool in adapting to someone else. Autism day again. Karen and I were just laughing at the two of them.

I went to Austin Monday for a HCS Waiver orientation. That made for a long day, then I had to be at the church by 7:00 for the oil & gas Town Hall meeting. I think it was very successful. Made all the hours of work we have been putting in seem worth it. My friend Brian the chairman does sales but I never knew what he sold. When I talk to him he always says "Hi Mel, let me be your hero". I just reply back, "Brian, I do need a hero", not really know what else to say. I called him Monday to let him know I would be there at 7:00, he asks me again if I will need a Hero. I told him today I WILL need a hero. When I arrive he hands me a can of HIRO. It is actually a drink like Red Bull I think. Now I know!!!
I have met a group of people through this endeavor and have really enjoyed the process. I said once booster club was over I was through, but obviously this is just me. If I could find a way to make money by volunteering I would be the happiest person ever. We met tonight at one of my neighbors house and we really just had the best time talking and giving each other a hard time.

This week. HUMMMMMM..... Work has been crazy. Saturday night, Stevie and I are going to Bob's to watch football. Bob's mom and dad and sister will be there. Mark and his family, Rob and his family. Should be a great time. Bob told me today they are going to get Sonny Bryan's BBQ. And of course beer and wine. We will be hanging out with family. I am really looking forward to that. And my boys better win. Yeah, yeah, the Vikings won Monday night.

Wow, Christmas is less than a week away. Here we go again. I bought the things Bob told me Stephen wanted but as usual, I think it is never enough. My kid tells me tonight, "mom, if you just get me new earphones for my Ipod I will be happy". He makes it so easy for me. He never asks for anything. Even though I am sure there are things he would love to have. He just makes all of this so much easier for me. I am a very blessed woman. One day, one day, I will be able to give him the best Christmas ever. On second thought, maybe Christmas is the best ever because the three of us are together and we are happy. I just can't complain too much. God has been so good to me.

A quick story that only means something to me right now. When my mom and my current stepdad married 28 years ago, I remember not long after they were married my mom was sent to Portugal to work. She worked at Vought. She was (I think) the 3rd woman in the history of the company to be sent overseas to work on an airplane. What an opportunity and a compliment too. Well, every night when I would talk to her she would tell me how much she missed Hayes. She just wanted to be home with him. I kept telling her "are you crazy, you have this wonderful opportunity, enjoy it, enjoy Portugal". I now understand what she was feeling. What was I told today, your heart seems to like who the heart likes. That is certainly true. I just thought of this story today when I was thinking about someone else and how much I miss them. :) I will be patient!

1 comment:

KTeebug said...

Well, I am enjoying your blog since we haven't been able to talk much since we've been occupied with "other" interests. I know you stress out every year because you're not able to buy the boys "everything". But, they have you which money can't buy. We know of spoiled kids (no names mentioned) that have been handed EVERYTHING to them on a silver platter. "Jesus" has matured to be a very fine young man. He has you & Jorge and that's good. Plus, you guys are spending Saturday night with the "bob" family and making memories that money can't buy.

Mel, we are blessed beyond measure and God is great. I am grateful for your friendship. Love ya!! K