Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year Update

Just a quick update of the past week. Friday night was the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert at the AA center. That is the most incredible light show I have ever seen. And the music of course was great. I plan to see them again.
New Years Eve started with dinner with the family at Mimi's Cafe. There was 18 of us there. Stephen asked me why we started having so many family get togethers. I didn't have an answer other than we are all getting older and spending time together seems to be a priority.
New Years Eve was very low key. An old friend stopped by and we shared champagne, good conversation and watched the ball drop. It was just too cold to go anywhere. New Years day was much warmer and of course a big day for football. The games were a bit boring but nonetheless, it was football day at the Kelly house. Had a dinner date that evening and enjoyed a rather large tasty margarita.
Back to work on Wednesday for the first day of billing. Stephen is going to finish out this week, probably work on Monday and then take a few days off before heading back on the 11th. It has been great having him home and getting such a big dose of him. (work & home) He seems to be more comfortable about the upcoming semester and I think he will start to find a balance of studying and having a little fun.
My New Year's Resolution is.... I don't have one. I will continue doing what I am doing. I am going to put more effort into losing about 15 lbs. That has to happen. I will take on each day with a positive attitude and just be happy. I am sure there will be wonderful opportunities that are in store for me this year and I am ready for each one of them. My friend Kay says 2008 is going to be my year. I guess I will sit back and see what happens!!!!!

No comments: