Wednesday, January 30, 2008

2008 - What's in Store?

All of my girlfriends tell me that 2008 is OUR year. I wonder why they think that? Do they have some premonition that I don't have? HUM.... I keep telling myself "it could be true". I suppose we will just have to sit back and wait. Tina and I talked yesterday. She passed a Human Resource test that will open so many job opportunities for her. She told me she is finally on track mentally and needs to get on track physically. She reminded me of how men would stop and look at us when we used to go out together. I had to remind her we were 10 years younger. :) She argued that we still have it, just have to convince the men that we do.
We are going to meet tomorrow in downtown Ft. Worth for happy hour. I'll have to get my game on and work it.
My thought on dating. It sucks. I hate dating. It would have been fun 10 years ago but that was not an option at that time. Now, in my late 40's and I am trying to date. Most men my age that are not already married have such incredible flaws and bad personalities that only a desperate woman would even consider them. Well, guess we will see if my friends are right, see what happens in 2008.
Stephen started his basketball inter murals. I had to ask if he even got to play. He informed me not only did he start, he made 11 points and they won. So cool that he is getting to experience what college is really about. I mailed his basketball shoes to him yesterday. I was at the UPS store. The kid that waited on me said "wow, your kid goes to Baylor". It made me proud to hear a kid say that.
Alrighty, I am going to close this out. I'm not feeling it today and this is getting boring. Maybe I will have better news after Thursday's happy hour!

No comments: