Sunday, January 20, 2008

Men - Who needs them?

I look forward to the time when I can diary about something other than men. Or at least not have men a first topic of my blog. But this week has really left me "pissed off" regarding men and I must vent. It makes me question who I am and could the problem be me and not them? Of course you know I have finally gotten the goof ball guy to quit calling. Thank goodness he has respected my request. Then let's talk about the guy that was my best friend and then the relationship turned into something much more and I thought, something that would possibly become a long term relationship. I was really off base on that situation. Come to find out he does love me but just doesn't love me enough. He is going to stay with the woman that has his home, his children, his social life and I am sure he will keep praying that she doesn't pull another 20 dry spell of showing no affection and making him think she doesn't even like him. I wish them both well. Because, I was not good enough to take a chance and invest his feelings and life in. I am not a sure thing so I get the heave ho. I was graceful about it because really, do I have a choice?
Then let's move on to the guy I saw several years ago that couldn't keep his penis in his pants. Meaning, he was not faithful to me. And you know, the funny thing is, I did do my part in the relationship. That means I did show affection in all ways, there was not a dry spell to use as an excuse. He just was not willing to commit to me. He called again Friday night to beg me please give him another chance and tell me once again he just did not commit to me at the time. Well, I am looking pretty good now that you have married an obnoxious & hateful woman (your words). He wants me to please know he is so so so so so sorry for what he did. He realizes I am the most incredible person and if only he could have another chance. I will talk with my mom. Whatever she decides is best is what I will go with. If she tells me to send him packing then that is what will happen. If she thinks he is worth another chance, and when I say another that is a huge exaggeration. I will consider giving him another chance.
Alright, the last guy. He calls me Friday evening. After a 45 minute conversation, we are not any closer to a second date than before the phone call. I am going to cut him some slack because his mom just passed away a week before Christmas. But come on, you are 51 years old. Don't you know if you are really ready to go out with a woman and get to know her as opposed to needing more time to grieve for your passing mom. My neighbor says he doesn't realize he is depressed and to give him some more time. It should not be this hard. I deal with and have dealt with issues for the past 12 years that most people can't even begin to comprehend. Yet I wake up each day and hope things will be better and try to be relatively happy. I know, I am not being very sympathetic. You see, I still have one more move to make regarding Joseph, but I am not going to cry about it each day. When it is time, I will do it, have my cry and pick myself up again and continue on with life. Geez, how many of you have to put your kid in a group home, so I can only say "give me a break". Quit bitching about the small stuff.
On a more happy and positive note. Thank goodness I have friends. I went to a movie last night and then had a GREAT margarita afterwards. The great thing about that date was I didn't have to hear what an incredible woman I am, I love you but.... It was just an evening with my friend. We saw Juno. That was a really good movie. Stevie said it was.
And another cool thing, my kid came home last night with 3 other Baylor kids. One of the kids play club ice hockey for Baylor and was supposed to have a game at the Parks. It got forfeited but they came up anyway. It was really good to see him even if it was only a week since that last time. The girls were so OOHING and AWING at the pics I have displayed of Stevie. That was fun to watch. And he finally buzzed his head. He just does not look good in long hair. They are coming by here before heading back so I can make them brunch. That will make today a good day for this old lady.
At least I can say I am not spending much time on the guys that are not willing to be a part of my life. And I think my rule of NO SECOND CHANCES should continue. That would take care of guy #2. HUM... Let me think about it. Maybe I need some football to clear my head. :)

No comments: