Sunday, January 13, 2008

Today is Football Sunday

I thought I would start the day off with an update of the past week. Of course I will have a brief follow up after the outcome of today's Cowboys/Giants game. I hope it is a good report. And I don't mean for those Giants fans either.
Alright, let's start with the most important thing. My Stevie Boy left for Waco yesterday morning. I have been telling everyone I am okay, not going to miss him too much, he is only 1 1/2 hours away. WELL, I was wrong. After going over everything twice yesterday morning (meaning, how many times can I ask him to be sure he didn't forget his contacts, belts, shoes, etc.) I had to finally accept he was going to get into that car and drive off. I couldn't even say goodbye as I was crying already. I did notice he wouldn't look at me so I am thinking he was having a hard time too. Gosh, I think that is the kind of broken heart that would kill you. I am better today, but when I put his clean sheets on this morning it was obvious no one has been in the room for 24 hours. Clean and neat. I have taken the advice of my coworker Patty, both of her kids are in college and she is the same kind of parent I am. We live and breathe our kids. She just shuts the bedroom doors so she doesn't have to look in and see an empty room.
Next topic. Men. Oh my goodness. It is either feast or famine with me. This goof ball that was at the party last Saturday has turned into the biggest pest I have ever met. I am sure if I had not been for the big shot of Crown Royal I drank that night I would have never given him my phone number. This guy is 42 years old and has sent me text messages such as "You are so beautiful you make my pants go crazy" or how about this one "Otay Buckwheat" and I love this one. He "laughed his ass off" with a text response I sent him. Oh my goodness. I really think he has been hit in the head one too many times. I just can't get him to quit calling me. I will just have to be blunt and to the point. I hate being that way but some guys just don't get it until you hit them in the head with it. That is on my to do list today. On a positive note, I had dinner Friday night with a guy that my neighbor tried to fix me up with 2 years ago. I just wasn't ready to date anyone at that time. I agreed to try again. We had a wonderful evening. We laughed, had good conversation and a couple of beers too. I think we are going to try date #2 next weekend. Probably came at a good time since the "other" love interest has made it very clear what direction he will be going in. I have to respect that decision and move on. Maybe this new guy will turn out to be someone I enjoy spending time with. At least he has not said anything retarded yet. And he has not made any attempts to be anything other than a perfect gentleman. Okay, that is all for now. I will be back after the Cowboy game. Note to all concerned. Stephen is back in Waco so that will be good for today's football game. He told me every loss they have had this year he was in Arlington. As much as I miss my kid, he had to go. :)

No comments: