Friday, January 25, 2008

Feeling Better

Today, I have the day off. The weather guys listened to me too. I prayed today would not be a snow day for the schools. I did not want to spend my day off with the Big Guy. Really need some alone time in my house. Actually I need to clean my house. :)
Great news! We got an offer from a land company for 17k an acre and implementing the SWAPO lease with few revisions. I can't express how happy I am this endeavor is almost over. This has taken quite a toll on me. Next time I start on a crusade someone please stop me. Actually I am preparing to send a letter to all of the state reps regarding the lack of services for kids with Autism. Maybe it won't turn into anything. They will probably just trash my letter anyway.
Even better news!!!! My kid is really kicking butt at Baylor. He got a JOB, yep a JOB doing something that he absolutely loves. Hanging out with baseball guys and filming them. You know, I always preached to him to LOVE his work because you will have to get up and do it everyday. I think that preaching may have paid off. I can't be more proud of an individual than I am of him. We all could learn a lesson of humility and integrity from this kid. I hope when he does become a coach he will use the same theory that Coach Albus always preached. "If I accomplish nothing more than turning you young men into good Men, Husbands & Fathers, then I have done my job." I know one kid that benefited from knowing him. Of course most of the credit goes to someone else, but he knows that. :)
Wow, I almost forgot to write about men. What am I thinking!!!!! See, it wasn't the first topic so I must be feeling better about things. I do have a date tonight. With Danny. I am actually looking forward to it. I need to get my game on as the girls at work tell me. We are going to have dinner at Fish City and wing it after that. If it is too cold out then I am thinking a dvd and a cozy fire would be a good way to stay warm. We shall see.

No comments: