Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring Forward Today!

Don't forget to spring forward. That's right, we lose an hour of sleep. Doesn't matter to much to me as I went to bed at 10:00 last night.
We had a family dinner at Joe T Garcia's last night. It was super cool that we had our own private room. There was 20 of us there. That last time we got together was New Year's Eve. We wanted to do this while Stephen was home for spring break. I guess as we are getting older we realize how important it is to spend time together. Anyway, it was great fun. Bob & Angela came. My friend Kay came. Joe was none too happy about chicken fajitas. I should have fed him something before we left. Oh well, I think he can stand to miss a meal or two. Sure won't kill him. Judy, sure wish you had been there. You would have had a great time with us.
I bought some tomato plants yesterday. Going to use my new doodad I got from the Home & Garden show to grow them. Also bought a new squirrel feeder. Can't wait to see him out there this morning to see if he is smart enough to work it.
Let's see. My friend Pam and I went to our local bar Friday night to have a few beers. It was like the Cheer's Bar. Everyone that walked in knew someone. I think it might be a place we hit up once a week just to get out. Our plan was to go to the Icehouse in Fort Worth but we decided we would do that when it wasn't so cold. That's a biker bar. I am thinking we could really have some fun in there. Maybe in a couple of weeks. I think we may go to Cowboy's this Friday night to dance.
The kid is home for spring break. Boy, I didn't know how happy I was to see him until I got home Friday night. I am going to take a couple of days off later this week. I don't think we are going to do anything special but I do know this week will fly by too fast.
Well, as you can see my life is becoming quite boring. Now that I have given up on men it seems I don't have too many worries. I just am not interested in the silly games that have been required in this dating endeavor. You would think men in their 40' & 50's would just be normal but it isn't so. So I have decided I am done. Sure feels good now that I have changed my plans.
I'll update as the week goes on. Maybe something fun & exciting will happen.

No comments: