Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Break

I am proud to announce my son, my baby darling baby boy is at a barber shop right now, 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning having the initials of BU cut into his hair. Then he plans to dye his hair green for St. Patty's Day.
He told me this last night. Of course I have to remind myself we had just accepted over 13,000 in grants and scholarships at Baylor for the Fall and Spring of next year so I really shouldn't worry too much, right?
Part of me is glad he finally having fun. He has been so dry & driven and now he is finally letting loose. He has plans to drive to Oklahoma weekend after next with another student to watch the Rangers & White Sox play. Then they will watch the Baylor/Oklahoma game that Saturday. I think they are going to spend the night with a high school classmate in Oklahoma now.
My brother is on his way to Oklahoma. I am praying that Jim Brown can help him get his life back and on the road to living without drugs & alcohol. That will take a miracle.
Nothing else going on. I have been having fun hanging out with my neighbor, Pam. She is alot like me and just a fun person to hang out with. We went to Whiz Q Stone on Wednesday. We were acting like two kids in a candy store. I swear we walked away from that place with about 10 more things on our home improvement to do list. And she has been working out with me too. Actually Sonja, me Pam and now my neighbor Crystal have been spending time working out together. I think we are going to try to do St. Patty's Day at Gilligan's. Maybe I will run into the young man that was flirting with me when the insulation crew came to work on my house Wednesday. That kid was so obvious. He went to Home Depot to get weatherstripping for my door so I said, "while your out will you get a gallon of milk, honey". We laughed and he said he would never buy 2% milk. I didn't even notice when he returned, but I went to the fridge to get a piece of Turkey (I was hungry) and there sits a gallon of milk. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't show up at Gilligan's on Monday. I told him I was going there with friends.
We shall see......
I am going to try a Yoga class today. It is supposed to put you in a tranquil mood. If that is the truth, then maybe I need to do Yoga everyday.
Next update tomorrow.

No comments: