Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's Valentines Day

Of course today is THE DAY for all of you men to show your woman how much you love them. And let me add, us single women think this day is completely overrated. :)
Kind of like christmas, bah humbug. So what, it is Valentine's Day.
Usually my kid is the only one that remembers me on this day. I'm not going to hold my breathe since he almost forgot my birthday.
Today we will attend Dave DeLeon's funeral. For those of you that don't know, he is Frank Hill's father in law. He has worked at the law firm for several years. He and I had a pretty tight relationship. I am deeply hurt that he is gone. I will miss that old man. That is what I called him when I saw him. He would say "hey babe" and I would come back with "hey old man". I was able to spend some time with him a couple of days before his surgery. I wish treasure that time and am so grateful for it.
A lesson in all of this..... Be careful of your last words with someone. You never know if that is the last time you will see them.
Man update. I know you have been waiting for this. Seems that Danny and I are getting along well. I was hoping he would be able to come by last night. One of the things we have in common is that we still have kids at home. So we both understand if the other can't just get away. And I like going out with him. He makes me smile and laugh. I almost have him convinced he needs to cut out the sodas and candy. I am going to bring him over to the healthy eating side. He is not fat by any means, actually not a bad body for a 51 yr. old man. He offered to start working out with me. That was huge. I was sold on that one. We are supposed to plan an overnight for next weekend somewhere. I'm trying to be creative but am just coming up blank right now. Something will hit me and it will be perfect.
Last of all. Our oil & gas committee had a private signing Tuesday night. All of our hard work and efforts paid off. My signing bonus is just a little over 3,500. Not too bad considering the first offer was 700.00. Yep, I am patting myself on the back. But I promise. After we have our big party to celebrate this, I AM DONE. I am going to concentrate on myself, my home, getting Joe placed and my love life. Maybe not in that order but all of those things.

No comments: